- This is the time to focus on clean energy in our stimulus plans 2020-03-31
- Positive effects on the environment during coronacrisis 2020-03-26
- Do we see evidence of ice in a tropical sea? 2020-03-24
- The expert on vulcanoes that talks to the rocks 2020-03-20
- The central study and career counselling turns digital 2020-03-20
- Expert tips: Getting started with distance education 2020-03-20
Are you interested in our planet, its evolution through time, the environment and a sustainable future? At the Department of Earth Sciences you learn about the processes and events that have built and continue to shape the conditions of Earth. Using this as a point of departure for understanding the complex world we live in, and how we effect it, is one of the great challenges of mankind.
Our research ranges from the Earth's core to the atmosphere, from microscopic minerals and fossils to the formation of mountains and oceans, and in time from the formation of the Earth up to the processes currently reshaping the planet. We map the development of Earth and life over billions of years and study the relationship between the atmosphere and the oceans with regard to climate change and sustainable development.