- Petroleum Experts generously supports Uppsala University in their research and teaching by donating 10 academic licenses and the HARDLOCK licensing manager 2019-12-12
- New study of how sustainable development depends on biodiversity 2019-11-28
- Experimental project for the development of new approach for beneficiation of REE from apatite-bearing rocks and waste 2019-11-18
- Hydrothermal alteration of andesitic lava domes can lead to explosive volcanic behaviour 2019-11-07
- How rare earth element (REE)-rich deposits in central Sweden formed 2019-10-28
- Scientists identify signs of activity from Anak Krakatau prior to collapse 2019-10-23
Uppsala geologist awared the Björkénska prize
Are you interested in our planet, its evolution through time, the environment and a sustainable future? At the Department of Earth Sciences you learn about the processes and events that have built and continue to shape the conditions of Earth. Using this as a point of departure for understanding the complex world we live in, and how we effect it, is one of the great challenges of mankind.
Our research ranges from the Earth's core to the atmosphere, from microscopic minerals and fossils to the formation of mountains and oceans, and in time from the formation of the Earth up to the processes currently reshaping the planet. We map the development of Earth and life over billions of years and study the relationship between the atmosphere and the oceans with regard to climate change and sustainable development.