Close Far East: Come and meet representatives from 10 Ukrainian and Belarusian universities
- Datum: –17.30
- Plats: Geocentrum Hambergsalen
- Arrangör: Baltic University Programme
- Kontaktperson: Lyudmyla Babak
- Telefon: +46 - 18 471 1840
Are you a student and want to spend some time abroad with the purpose of graduate and postgraduate studies, attend a summer course or do an internship? Are you a scientist and would like to conduct some research or be an expert?
There are some countries that are located very close to Sweden but are perceived to be very far since they are seldom a destination for studies or work. We want you to look at two of them: Ukraine and Belarus.
There are a number of possibilities to get funding for mobility to these countries. The Swedish Institute has scholarships to spend time abroad: Visbyprogrammet – stipendier för utresande svenskar.
Moreover it is possible to apply for Minor Field Studies, a scholarship program aimed at graduate and master's students who want to gain knowledge about developing countries and development issues. It is financed by Sida/UHR for a period of 8 to 20 weeks and the application process is via Uppsala University mobility unit.
During this event we would like to introduce these two countries. There will be a number of representatives from at least 10 universities in Ukraine and Belarus. They will present their respective universities and you will be able to ask questions and to get contact information. (The program and the list of universities will be available later)
The event is organised by the Baltic University Programme (BUP) which has 28 years of experience of cooperation between universities within the Baltic Sea Region as well as with Ukrainian and Belarusian universities. Annually BUP organises a number of training programmes and conference as well as promote and support similar events organised by the 87 BUP member universities. Via BUP we can help you to establish contact with your potential hosts or partners.
Why Ukraine and Belarus as a destination for studies and research?
- They are very close. Do you want to travel in a sustainable way - yes, these are the countries you can reach by other means than flight! (In case of flight there are direct flights several days a week that take less than 2 hours).
- It is possible to get financing and the competition might not be that high.
- The countries have long academic traditions and developed scientific basis
- It is interesting to experience a new unknown and unusual culture and places!
Please register here no later than the 7th December so we know how much coffee and cakes to bring.
The event is organised within the framework of the project financed by the Swedish Institute.