- Multiform flood events are among the many climate hazards that must be appropriately defined to avoid misrepresentation of risk 2022-08-01
- Wijnand Boonstra elected as member of UN research panel on biodiversity and ecosystem services 2022-06-15
- Celsius celebrations all year 2022-06-01
- 1st in Sweden and among top 75 in the world in the academic subject Water Resources 2022-05-05
- 7 of our researchers in the top 50 Earth Scientists in Sweden 2022-05-05
- Uppsala University a major partner of a geological energy storage mapping project in Denmark 2022-03-29
Weather picture contest
The Department of Earth Sciences at Uppsala University has over 280 employees and teaches aound 3700 students every year. Our focus is on research which means that 75% of what we do is research and 25% is education. Around 30 nationalities are represented at the department.
Read more about the Department.
Research and education in sustainable development at the Department of Earth Sciences rests on an interdisciplinary approach to UN´s 17 sustainability goals regarding Earth science, natural resources and society.
Read more about how we work with sustainable development.