- Malgorzata Blicharska on biodiversity 2021-03-03
- "The Age of Nature", new BBC series with Malgorzata Blicharska 2021-02-16
- “You don’t need to be a genius to become a researcher” 2021-02-05
- Stefania Barca new Zennström Professor in Climate Change Leadership 2021-02-05
- Two out of four research grants go to the Department of Earth Science 2021-02-01
- Environmental Researcher Recruited as Lecturer in Climate Change Leadership 2021-01-22
Saba Joodaki´s doctoral thesis defense: "Residual Trapping in Geological Storage of CO2 - Determination from Field Experiments and Data Analysis with Numerical Models".
Remembering Berta Cáceres : Lenca Woman and Environmental Defender
Anna Neubeck: Stenätande bakterier
Debunking Disaster Myths - Seminar 22 March
SciFest 2021 – a digital science festival!
Watch our film
Are you interested in our planet, its evolution through time, the environment and a sustainable future? At the Department of Earth Sciences you learn about the processes and events that have built and continue to shape the conditions of Earth. Using this as a point of departure for understanding the complex world we live in, and how we effect it, is one of the great challenges of mankind.
Our research ranges from the Earth's core to the atmosphere, from microscopic minerals and fossils to the formation of mountains and oceans, and in time from the formation of the Earth up to the processes currently reshaping the planet. We map the development of Earth and life over billions of years and study the relationship between the atmosphere and the oceans with regard to climate change and sustainable development.